From: Tiago <>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 05:42:21 -0700 (PDT)

On May 25, 12:30 pm, The Magnet <> wrote:
> Ok, I've seen all the notes on the ORA-22992 error:
> ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables
> Problem is that we are using a source table with a trigger that will
> update another table on a remote database over a DB link.  So, if you
> cannot update, how is this task to be accomplished?
> I have heard that there is a bug in 10g r2, which is what we are
> running.  But has anyone ever gotten this to work, and if yes, please
> share your work around.
> Thanks!

Could you create a local table, get the lob locator from it and then do a insert select on the remote table? I solved a similar problem this way, although it was a blob (almost the same, right?). My application generate a pdf using Oracle Reports and then upload the pdf to the remote database, which is the backbone of a web application. 10G r2 here too.

  • T