Re: Off Topic: open source databases

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 01:34:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:14:40 -0700, Steve Howard wrote:

> It's replacement in the world? I would guess MySQL, based on Oracle
> Corp.'s ownership if nothing else.

Hmmm, that doesn't compute, from my point of view. That is precisely why I opened this topic. Why would a huge corporation suddenly abandon its main cash cow in favor of a freebie? Slowly killing the freebie seems more likely to me, now that Oracle Corp. owns it. I am not sure as to why people are not trying to run away from MySQL, but they obviously are not.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com