Re: 11g query taking 24 seconds, same query was instant in 9i.

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:02:39 -0700 (PDT)

gs:

> Users of the app for the database I recently updated are saying some
> reports are taking an unusually long time to run now, up to 1/2 a minute
> whereas it was almost instant before the upgrade.
>
> I managed to find a sample of the sql that runs for the report, and ran
> it from command line SQL and the 9i was running around .7 seconds while
> the 11g was in the 24 second range. They also report that the 11g is
> also not sorting the report like it was being sorted in 9i.

One way to proceed is to get a 10046 trace get wait events and bind variables and then run the output thru a resource profiler. What are you waiting on?

You can use tkprof or a commercial product like Hotsos or a free open source resource profiler like orasrp ... Received on Wed May 26 2010 - 14:02:39 CDT

Original text of this message