Off Topic: open source databases

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:56:55 +0000 (UTC)

I guess this is a legitimate topic now that MySQL is essentially an Oracle product, too. My question, however, is not devoted to MySQL or any other specific OSS database. I am just interested in what OSS databases are mostly used in data centers, in addition to Oracle and why? Specifically about MySQL, did the fact that Oracle Corp. now owns it, lessen its appeal or even increase it? I must confess that I expected to see a massive exodus from MySQL which did not materialize. I confess that my understanding of the world may not be entirely correct and I will even allow the possibility that the Earth is not flat, but this I do not understand.
--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com