From: <>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

On May 26, 1:30 am, The Magnet <> wrote:

> Problem is that we are using a source table with a trigger that will
> update another table on a remote database over a DB link.  So, if you
> cannot update, how is this task to be accomplished?

So you have a *trigger* that is going to update a *remote table*. And you're going to write a CLOB.

Maybe you should consider using queues for this. Your trigger can write the change data to a queue in that DB; set up a queue on the remote DB that subscribes to the first queue, and run a batch that reads that queue and applies the change.

  • Phil