Empty pages marked corrupt

From: zigzagdna <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 19:02:49 -0700 (PDT)

I run rman and it shows some blocks as corrupted; when I run dbv all the blocks corrupt show under empty pages. When I do
select * from dba_extents
where file_id = 25 and
corrupt_block_no between block_id and block_id+blocks-1 all corrupted blocks are in a table which is empty (0 rows). I dropped the table , recreated it, but these blocks still come out as corrupt.

Will these empty pages corruption create any problems for me in future?
How can I get rid of them, rman recoverblock somehow is not working for me?

THANKS A LOT. Received on Sat May 22 2010 - 21:02:49 CDT

Original text of this message