SQLLDR

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:35:02 -0700 (PDT)

This one has me going nuts. We are using SQLLDR to load a data file. Certain records are getting kicked with an ORA-01438 (value larger than specified precision allowed for this column)

Problem the column is a DATE: price_date date "MM/DD/YYYY",

How do you get a precision with a date column?? The format is correct: 05/03/2010.

It's a lot of data, so unless someone wants to see it, I will not post the record(s) and control file. But again, strange error for a date column. And, the fields/columns match up fine. Received on Fri May 21 2010 - 09:35:02 CDT

Original text of this message