Re: oracle 11g takes much longer to start

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 05:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

zigzag:

# This Oracle is really buggy. I did not notice while I was testing for last 3 months, but as soon as I went to production, I have encountered this problem. Now my scripts for shuttiong down database etc will not work because they will hung.

You did not notice a problem starting up and shutting down databases during 3 months of testing?

We don't run anything on hpux anymore ... all linux except for one solaris box. In the old days Oracle maintenance on hpux used to be solid.

There are a number of platform specific issues I think with some of the platforms and patchset updates that you need to look at and review in the available Oracle doc for each of the patchset updates.

That being said ... I would not be surprised if it was something else besides Oracle maintenance that is messed up in your environment. Received on Wed May 19 2010 - 07:52:51 CDT

Original text of this message