Re: Return rows as 1 line?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:46:40 -0700 (PDT)

On May 18, 1:38 am, bugbear <bugbear_at_trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > To tell the truth, I don't really like Tom's answer, either. Oracle is a
> > relational database. Relational databases should return the requested
> > rows, as quickly as possible. Relational databases are not formatting
> > tools. Formatting the output is a job for the client tools, not for
> > Oracle.
>
> Agreed.
>
>     BugBear

I don't agree that this is mere formatting, it is using the relational access tool and its non-relational extensions to transform tuples into a non-relational structure.

I agree this would be some bad mojo if done thousands of time a minute.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
“I feel so stupid and ignorant.”