Re: update table priv's in roles not working in 11G

From: gs <>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 13:58:16 GMT
Message-ID: <YzTGn.3888$Z6.49_at_edtnps82>

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010 15:27:12 +0000, gs wrote:

>> One of the databases I recently converted to 11Gr2 is showing me errors
>> when an outside process tries to update a table via ODBC connection.
>> This is a simple SQL update statement and is not from within a stored
>> procedure. I am getting ORA-01031 after pointing the process to the new
>> database, I checked the users roles, object priv's etc. and is identical
>> to 9i, role basically gives said user read/write/update/delete on all of
>> another users tables, one of which is the problem table.
>> I tried the statement directly from sql as the user, and still threw a
>> ORA-01031, so I granted update on the table directly and it was ok.
>> Why would this be different in 11G? I'm also getting some strange errors
>> where some of these processes are throwing "table not found" errors when
>> using a public synonym for the table, yet the synonyms are all in
>> place and work fine from SQL prompt when using them with the same user
>> acct the processes use.
>> thanks
> Did you switch to the new 11G security? 11G can distinguish between upper 
> case and lower case so your password may no longer match.

I did, and that was actually causing one of our problems, in that a user account could not connect as the password it was passing on was uppercase. However the case sensitive is for logons only, I still have the issue of one user acct connecting ok, but not able to update some tables, it turns out it is not seeing some sequences to populate a table, granting select on the sequences in question directly fixed this, but I'm still curious why this is, as these priv's are in a role that the user has assigned, the role is default, and it worked fine in 9i.. Received on Thu May 13 2010 - 08:58:16 CDT

Original text of this message