Re: Selection criteria for an in-memory analysis solution

From: joel garry <>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:49:09 -0700 (PDT)

On May 12, 10:16 am, John Hurley <> wrote:
> Joel:
> > I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing a scenario where online
> > customer service workers really need up to the minute BI data.  Could
> > you give a more specific example? Everything you've posted so far
> > screams in my memory "STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM MY SERVER!"
> This is just the gang from yellowfin ( whatever the heck that is )
> spamming cdos no more no less.

Yeah, I know, I was just holding out a faint hope of drawing out some actual useful information. No matter how much crap comes my way, I still have an irrational spark of optimism in me.

> If you can't do things these days reasonably fast on a modern Oracle
> database server then for the most part it shows that the people
> probably cannot do database design or have poor Oracle skills and/or
> both.

My reality, and I would guess it is fairly common, is that there is a lot of crap out there trying to get off on my server. So to speak.

-- is bogus.
As if some perv living in his car is going to register.