Re: Oracle Text Indexes on WORD and pdf files

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 12:40:14 +0200

On Sat, 8 May 2010 20:14:15 -0700 (PDT), zigzagdna <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am on Oracle 11 g using hp unix 11i.
>Can one set Oracle text Indexes on Microsoft WORD and pdf files. I
>can understand text indexes on text files, but how do test indexes
>work on “binary” files such as WORD and pdf files. I have been told
>they work on these files as well, just curious how oracle manages to
>parse such files.

Ahh, here is the master of asking doc questions on *BOTH* comp.oracle.databases.oracle.server and http://forums.oracle.com again!

Question: does http://tahiti.oracle.com work for you? So why are you so fundamentally lazy, *never* being prepared to do your own research, and you require to be *spoon-fed* like a baby? Did your mother forget to beat some industry into you?

Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sun May 09 2010 - 05:40:14 CDT

Original text of this message