Re: importing to 11Gr2 from 9i - full import or schema's only?

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 08:11:00 +0200

On Wed, 05 May 2010 14:59:06 GMT, gs <gs_at_gs.com> wrote:

>I'm assuming all the system etc. tables, views etc. in the 11G are just
>left alone when ignore=y parameter is used and only other user data is
>imported.

ignore=y just means a when a CREATE TABLE statement fails because the table already exists, the associated INSERT statements are executed.

SYSTEM is treated as an ordinary user by imp.

SYS is never exported nor imported.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu May 06 2010 - 01:11:00 CDT

Original text of this message