Re: RAC question, does all the nodes on RAC has to have the same hardware

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

On May 4, 2:57 pm, charles <dshprope..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Group,
>
> I am playing to install RAC 10R2 on RedHat Linux.  I cannot find the
> exact match on hardware, but i can config them to have the same OS,
> patch, kernel.  Will RAC work on it?
>
> Thanks for your help

The fact the two machines are not exact matches should be OK providing the difference is minor like a small difference in cpu speed or in the amount of available memory.

With the exact same version of the OS you should be able to install Oracle Cluster Ware on both machines and this should verify if your setup will work.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue May 04 2010 - 15:14:24 CDT

Original text of this message