Re: Patching terminology

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:12:31 -0700 (PDT)

Joel:

> If something is easily google-able, how inside can it be?  And of
> course, that particular example is pretty well-known in the general
> American community, although the transliteration may not be.  I
> usually hear it pronounced like it rhymes with oil.  A long discourse
> about which jews are from where and how they pronounce things would
> make it even less clear.

It is only easily google-able ( is that a word ? ) if one is motivated to search. Anyway I asked what you were talking about and you cleared it up somewhat. ( Still a little unclear exactly what you meant by using that word and combining it with Oracle support stuff but it is probably not very charitable toward Oracle support ... not that many of us are all that charitable these days about Oracle support or lack thereof ).

Mohel may be pretty well known in the American Jewish community but the overall larger community well probably not so much. Believe it or not many of us don't know much yiddish or hebrew beyond words like Hanukkah and/or Roshashannah ( maybe those are not the correct relevant languages ... my apologies if so ) .

Maybe we should get back to stuff that is remotely relevant to Oracle ... Received on Fri Apr 30 2010 - 20:12:31 CDT

Original text of this message