which RAC node I am connected to

From: <bill_j_chen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:16:43 -0700 (PDT)

A question regarding the RAC node.

When using TOAD connecting to the oracle 10g RAC, in the windows titile bar, it shows which node the user is connecting to.

When I use sqlplus (same account used for TOAD), I am trying to get the same info - which node I am connected to. But the account used doesn't have permission to query the gv$ or v$ views.

Here are the questions -

  1. Do I have a way to know inside sqlplus which node I am talking to ?
  2. How TOAD know what node the account is connect to? Apparently TOAD is not using the gv$ or v$ as the account doesn't have access to these views. It must use something else.

Thanks. Received on Thu Apr 29 2010 - 11:16:43 CDT

Original text of this message