MSACCES.EXE to ORACLE via odbc implicit float number conversion

From: HansP <Hans-Peter.Sloot_at_atosorigin.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Perhaps there is someone with knowledge about MSACCESS and ORACLE. A new application of one of my customers uses MSACCESS and ORACLE with ODBC between them.

During 10046 level 12 tracing I saw bind variables type float (oacdty=101).
The referenced columns are type number so a conversion takes place. This causes the optimizer to ignore the index.

Are there any issues regarding floats and numbers and ODBC to Oracle?

Regards Hans-Peter Received on Wed Apr 28 2010 - 05:39:35 CDT

Original text of this message