Re: DBMS_REPAIR.CHECK_OBJECT

From: zigzagdna <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 08:57:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 25, 6:06 am, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 10:02 pm, zigzagdna <zigzag..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > I am using Oracle 11.1.0.7.1 on HP UNIX 11.23. To my surprise, I find
> > that
> > a block has been corrupted. My export dump backups fail when reading
> > corrupt blocks.
> > I cannot repair from a backup, this system is not a production system,
> > no rman backups were taken.
>
> Can you drop the tablespace and recreate it?
>
> Can you run rman backup to disk and at least get rman to tell you how
> many bad blocks you have?

Only one block is corrupted. Oracle 11g provdies various health monitors and only one block is shown as corrupted. My export dump fails for one table. One can reterive dthat table from a prevous export backup, but that will require some loss in data. I am trying to figure what is the value of dbms_repair. Received on Sun Apr 25 2010 - 10:57:54 CDT

Original text of this message