Re: Interesting SR response

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:11:26 +1000

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 24/04/2010 11:42 AM:
>> There was a time that Oracle support (for me, anyway) was rock solid.
>> That time ended about three years ago.

> Yes, the time ended approximately with the advent of Oracle 10g. I
> believe that this was the 1st version not supervised by Ken Jacobs.
> He's now managing InnoDB, which is, effectively, a retirement.
>
> http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/Spokespeople/016285
>
> Sic transit gloria mundi.

Indeed. Alas, the current folks at Oracle appear to consider customers as a liability.
We'll see how long that lasts, no matter how large Oracle may have become that its size shields it from the results of such policies.

Let not that stop them from disparaging those who helped made it what it is today: I'm quite sure that's what "marketing" is all about. Received on Fri Apr 23 2010 - 21:11:26 CDT

Original text of this message