how to do a ldapsearch from a telnet session

From: kat <katiesoh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:39:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I'm trying to check the status of our OID (10.1.0.4) server running OEL 4 from another OEL server by passing a string (cn=mytestdb) and I'm hoping to receive an expected string back but I'm getting connection closed by foreign host. Is there a configuration change that has to be made to open up the access?

$> telnet oidserver 389

Trying 192.168.2.34...
Connected to oidserver.
Escape character is '^]'.
ldapsearch "cn=mytestdb"
Connection to oidserver closed by foreign host.
$>

I'm able to successfully run ldapsearch "cn=mytestdb" directly on the oidserver.

Can someone help?

thanks. Received on Wed Apr 21 2010 - 13:39:14 CDT

Original text of this message