Re: XE missing pl/sql messages (?)

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 3, 11:58 pm, yf..._at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm Dew-Jones) wrote:
> (Does anyone see these posts?  I am not sure our news feed/server is
> working.)
>
> I am using XE on Vista at home.  Whenever I get a pl/sql error then I
> don't see the text of the message, only the number.  Can anyone suggest
> what to do to get the full message?
>
> E.g.
> SQL> exec proc_that_doesnt_exist
> PLS-00201: Message 201 not found; No message file for product=plsql,
> facility=PCM
>
> Thanks for any feedback
> Malcom Dew-Jones

It appears your environment is not set up properly as I see those same messages when %ORACLE_HOME% is not properly set. Do you have more than one verson of Oracle installed on this Vista machine? Which ORACLE_HOME is in use if so? You should find an Oracle Home Selector which will perform the necessary acts to properly set the environment.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Apr 09 2010 - 18:25:40 CDT

Original text of this message