Can OLAP cubes be used, when Application always queries for single

From: Nithyanandham M <nithyan78_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 23:33:53 -0700 (PDT)

Are OLAP cubes meant only for the cases where the aggregate operations are involved for major set of records?

I have a case where I have to maintain the OLAP cubes to give the summary of the Customer transactions, and any point of time, the query will always be meant for a single Customer. Can I use OLAP cubes for this purpose?

By going through the tutorials on the OLAP cubes, I understand that it can be used for the cases where it involves generating reports for bulk of Customers (i.e. where aggregate SQL operations are involved). Can it also be used for the cases where the queries from the applications, are always meant for single customer? Received on Thu Apr 08 2010 - 01:33:53 CDT

Original text of this message