Re: oracle rac 10.2.0.4 restore on windows / missing archivelogs

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:46:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 7, 7:26 am, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 7, 6:23 am, dba cjb <chris.br..._at_providentinsurance.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

> > I am  trying to populate a standby database from a hot backup using
> > rman restore/recover commands
>
> > I have  completed the following ( not using a catalogue)
>
> > 1) restored controlfile
> > 2) restored datafiles
> > 3) catalogued archivelog backups
>
> > When I attempt to recreate archivelogs nothing happens / something
> > about rman-0626 when I try restore archivelog all
>
> > I have completed a procedure like the above many times before / I am
> > stuck without the archivelogs
> > ...would be gratefull on suggestions on
>
> > a) where I may have gone wrong
> > & or b) how I may get out of jail
>
> > regards
> > Chris B
>
> That's an odd exception.
>
> 10:16:01 oracle_at_prdracdb01pxdu ~ >oerr rman 626
> 6260, 1, "Report of files that need more than %d incrementals during
> recovery"
> 6261, 1, "File Incrementals Name"
> 6262, 1, "---- ------------
> ----------------------------------------------"
> 6263, 1, "%-4s %-12s %s"
> // *Cause: This message is issued in response to the REPORT NEED
> BACKUP
> //         INCREMENTAL command, for those files which would use more
> than
> //         the specified number of incrementals during recovery.
> // *Action: To reduce the number of incremental backups which would be
> used
> //          during recovery of this datafile, take a new full backup
> of this
> //          file now.
> 10:22:50 oracle_at_prdracdb01pxdu ~ >
>
> Do you have physical access to the archivelogs?  Did you copy them to
> the standby in a different location from what was on the primary?
> What happens if you:
>
>  list archivelog all completed after 'sysdate - 3'; #or however new
> your database is

Interesting what oerr does with an 0626... see $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg/ rmanus.msg for where errors are defined. Chris, could you copy/paste actual error dialog?

Also please post your exact versions, platform and configuration (like, is there a repository?). There is no get out of jail free card, but bribery is cheaper in later versions.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
“To call this blackout an error is similar to calling Shamu a minnow.”