Re: oracle rac 10.2.0.4 restore on windows / missing archivelogs

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:18:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 7, 9:13 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
> On Apr 7, 6:23 am, dba cjb <chris.br..._at_providentinsurance.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

> > I am  trying to populate a standby database from a hot backup using
> > rman restore/recover commands
>
> > I have  completed the following ( not using a catalogue)
>
> > 1) restored controlfile
> > 2) restored datafiles
> > 3) catalogued archivelog backups
>
> > When I attempt to recreate archivelogs nothing happens / something
> > about rman-0626 when I try restore archivelog all
>
> > I have completed a procedure like the above many times before / I am
> > stuck without the archivelogs
> > ...would be gratefull on suggestions on
>
> > a) where I may have gone wrong
> > & or b) how I may get out of jail
>
> > regards
> > Chris B
>
> After the restore did you roll forward using backup control file to
> apply the logs?
>
> It might also help if you posted the manual name, chapter, and section
> where the instructions you are following to build the standby can be
> referenced and compared to what issue you are having.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --- Hide quoted text -

Based on your email response, if this process has worked in the past, what changed?

Are you on the same version of Oracle as when this process last worked?
Were any new archive log destinations or parameters added since the last successful copy?
Any changes made to the rman backup (image copies instead of backup set, etc...)?

Logically something changed, a typo was induced, or you missed a step. Finding what the change is should allow you to continue.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 07 2010 - 10:18:31 CDT

Original text of this message