Re: recovery of oracle database

From: Steve Howard <>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:16:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 1, 1:43 pm, pathik <> wrote:
> My oracle9i server got currupted and we have recovered data from hard
> disks. Now I want to reinstall the server on the machine, and install
> oracle9i server on it. I have got all Data file, control files etc
> intact. how can I recover the database.

What do you mean, "intact"? Do you mean you have all the files, but don't know if they are consistent? Were the files the result of a cold backup? If the instance was actively using the database files when the server went down, then you *might* have recovery issues.

I would start with the backup and recovery docs, namely: Received on Thu Apr 01 2010 - 13:16:26 CDT

Original text of this message