Re: Is there any way to Synchronize 2 databases on Oracle 10g Standard One edition ?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:06:22 +1000

Frank van Bortel wrote,on my timestamp of 29/03/2010 12:39 AM:

>> I want to synchronize 2 databases with oracle 10g R2 standard One
>> edition.
>> How can I do it ?(With old 8i systems we created snapshots )
>> and is there any better ways in 10g R2?
>> Thank you.
>> Best
>> Lau. Lu

> Streams. Transportable tablespaces.

Why not simply use manual standby? Archive redo logs and send them to the remote site. Restore db from backup, mount with the snapcf copy of the controlfile taken by rman at end of redo log archive, roll it forward, shut it down or open read only or open resetlogs, depending on what is needed in the second site. There is a paper on that in MOS. Works for me - and has worked for a looong time - it's not buggy and fast... Received on Wed Mar 31 2010 - 05:06:22 CDT

Original text of this message