Re: DBMS_LDAP

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:34:53 +0200

Bill wrote:
> Hi, yes it's a performance issue.
>
> Last year we hit max processes. This I believe was because it wasn't
> releasing the connections to AD fast enough.
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't get an opportunity at the time to see where
> the resources were being used, though our UNIX admin said there that
> from the OS point of view, most of the CPU was being used for the
> binding to AD accounts.

Which were probably due to the number of sessions. Not running with multiple dispatchers, are you?
If you were, one (of a few) dispatchers would handle all connections. Now - every connection is a dedicated process

--

Regards, Frank van Bortel

Topposting in Usenet groups I regard as offensive - I will not reply