Re: DBMS_LDAP

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 01:12:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 27, 9:47 pm, Bill <billshatne..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> One of our online apps uses DBMS_LDAP to authenticate with Active
> Directory. The DBMS_LDAP is in the database itself, and I was
> wondering if it would be worthwhile to somehow offload this somewhere
> else or would the network travel to and from another server negate any
> benefits.
>
> Management in their wisdom, have decided to tell everyone to log in at
> pretty much the same time.
>
> Is there any associated tuning that might help?
>
> If anyone can help with this I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed.

What kind of problem are you trying to solve? Is it a performance issue? If it is - how did you come to the conclusion that DBMS_LDAP is to blame? Did you instrument your code to see where time is wasted?

The more information you provide, the higher is the chance someone will suggest something helpful.

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Sun Mar 28 2010 - 03:12:01 CDT

Original text of this message