Re: SQL Function call does not fail on no_data_found ?

From: John Hurley <>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:52:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 25, 3:54 am, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <> wrote:

> The above code more or less covers what single SELECT INTO does. Is it
> safer? Shorter? More readable? Name a single reason why we should
> prefer explicit cursors to single-fetch implicit cursors please. :)

An easy reason is something changes somewhere and where you used to get 1 row ( or zero rows ) now you get more than 1 row.

Anyone ever hear a Developer ever say "But we were supposed to only get back 1 row here?" ...

Take a look at the code posted by the OP. Received on Thu Mar 25 2010 - 12:52:49 CDT

Original text of this message