ORA-19804: cannot reclaim nnnnnnnnn bytes disk space from nnnnnnnnnnnn limit

From: keekee <moongeegee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 04:02:44 -0700 (PDT)

I have posted on oracle but not oracle.server. I don't meant to have multi posts.

I have a windowsXP with Oracle 10g installed and using RMAN backup. I got an error as below, someone set the RMAN backup before I take over this project. I am still learning how to use RMAN, but I need to resolve
the problem. Please help.
ORA-19804: cannot reclaim nnnnnnnnn bytes disk space from nnnnnnnnnnnn limit

I have a lot of free disk space, but still got an error as above.

The 10g version I have as below:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Prod PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
"CORE 10.2.0.1.0 Production"
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

each time I got an error as ORA-19804, then I need to manually delete some backup files in FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA that is in my C drive. However, I have plenty of disk space in my C drive. Received on Thu Mar 25 2010 - 06:02:44 CDT

Original text of this message