Re: How do oracle programmers send batches of SQL from inside a program?

From: Galen Boyer <galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:05:25 -0400

Thomas Gagne <TandGandGAGNE_at_gmail.com> writes:

> Galen Boyer wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> I would test this theory. In your OP, you said you were sending
> multiple select statements. I'd prove out that you are actually saving
> anything when you send multiple statements at once. Each statement
> would be returning a resultset. Where is the savings on the way out?
>

> I've already done that and the savings are dramatic.

What savings? I don't see how you can save hardly anything by sending 3 sql statements together to the database and returning 3 result sets, vs sending 1 sql statement and recieving 1 result set 3 times in a row.

Can you give a simple "select fld from t1" example and show these numbers?

> Listen, if Oracle can't do it that's OK. I'll figure out how best to do it
> with what Oracle does provide and move on to the next problem.

Oracle can do this. An anonymous block of code with each sql statement would suffice.

--
Galen Boyer

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news_at_netfront.net ---