Re: HA Problem with ORA-02019

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:06:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 24, 8:10 am, Jia Lu <roka..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3月24日, 午後8:09, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
>
> > I assume that you're on 10gR2 Standard Edition One as per your
>
> > If you're looking for a High Availabilty option, I doubt you should be
> > using Standard Edition One.  Depending on your exact requirements and
> > budget, you might want to consider Enterprise Edition and Oracle's
> > DataGuard.
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> Yes I want to use EE too.
> but the budget is the problem and the boss donot know anything about
> Oracle.
> So I have to use SEO edition to implement it.
> :(
>
> Wishes

If your exiting code only works when both databases are available and you need each database and its associated applications when the other is unavailable then depending on how many tables you need replicated you might consider roll your own replication.

Define database table triggers on the tables. The triggers can either capture all changes to a tracking table and then a batch process can run and ship the rows over deleting them on successful shipment. If the remote database is unavailable the next run picks up the data and tries again.

You can also have the triggers attempt to directly insert/update/ delete the remote data and only capture the change via error handling if the remote operation fails due to the remote database being unavailable however the performance of repeated failed remote operations is not good to say the least.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Mar 24 2010 - 08:06:01 CDT

Original text of this message