Re: HA Problem with ORA-02019

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 04:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 Mar, 09:29, Jia Lu <roka..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>  I created 2 multi master DBs and using materialize views to
> synchronize them.
>  The relation is Main - Sub, and when I insert/commit to either one ,
> another site's table will be updated.
>
> My problem is when DB link failed, I cannot insert data into the
> normal DB it said ORA-02019.
>
> That will be a high availability problem when one DB is down.
>
> Is there a feature can let me to update to the table when another site
> is down?
> And can it be synchronized after the db link recovered ?
>
> Thank you.
> Best
> Lau Lu.

I assume that you're on 10gR2 Standard Edition One as per your previous thread?

If you're looking for a High Availabilty option, I doubt you should be using Standard Edition One. Depending on your exact requirements and budget, you might want to consider Enterprise Edition and Oracle's DataGuard.

This document may also be worth a read:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/MAA_WP_10gR2_Roadmap.pdf

HTH
-g Received on Wed Mar 24 2010 - 06:09:14 CDT

Original text of this message