Re: oracle 10g disaster recoveries

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:25:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 23, 12:43 pm, dba cjb <chris.br..._at_providentinsurance.co.uk> wrote:

snip

> I am interested in covering dr scenarios where two sister databases
> need to be rebuilt using backups and archivelogs
>
> 1) Database with archivelog backups going to least forward point in
> time
>
> I would like to know if i use recover until cancel command ...& then
> open database is there a way I can work out ( from alert log or data
> dictionary ? ) what is the effective time that I have recovered to?
>
> regards
> Chris B
>
> PS I would then use this time to plug into recovery of second sister
> database

Have you tried it? What did you find out?

It helps if you supply version information but have you researched how you can map back and forth from an SCN to a time? ( LIke for example http://coskan.wordpress.com/2007/03/09/converting-scn-to-a-timestamp ).

Tom Kyte has a whole bunch of stuff over in http://asktom.oracle.com ... Received on Tue Mar 23 2010 - 14:25:07 CDT

Original text of this message