oracle 10g disaster recoveries

From: dba cjb <chris.brown_at_providentinsurance.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

I am interested in covering dr scenarios where two sister databases need to be rebuilt using backups and archivelogs
  1. Database with archivelog backups going to least forward point in time

I would like to know if i use recover until cancel command ...& then open database is there a way I can work out ( from alert log or data dictionary ? ) what is the effective time that I have recovered to?

regards
Chris B

PS I would then use this time to plug into recovery of second sister database Received on Tue Mar 23 2010 - 11:43:49 CDT

Original text of this message