Re: Can a procedure contain only a SELECT statement?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:18:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:49:19 -0400, Serge Rielau wrote:

> If Oracle programmers don't need local temp tables then what is BULK
> COLLECT, FORALL and INDEX BY all about? They are everywhere!

Well, we do need them, but we have fancy names for them and a proper dose of disdain for the users of other databases which did not come up with such fancy names for the local temporary tables. Such a common and ordinary name like "local temp tables" shows a worrying lack of imagination and creativity.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com