Re: Future of Oracle RDBMS?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:49:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 22, 7:40 am, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonat..._at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

snip

> > As long
> > as Larry and gang are able to buy out competitors ( even the open
> > source one ) and kind of continually muddy the waters it looks like
> > full speed ahead for Oracle.
>
> Full speed ahead in muddy waters -
> a dangerous mixture of metaphors ;)

An intentional abuse of the metaphor .

To me at least it kind of looks like Larry might be tacking the BMW Racing sailboat down the Mississippi river. Yeah it is muddy at parts and has some dangerous turns and things to watch out for but it is also wide and long and has lots of room to make steering changes.

As much as people like to complain about the price tag and maintenance costs for many there is comfort in picking and staying with the marketplace leader. Not to mention the extensive sets of new functionality that continue to be delivered release by release. Received on Mon Mar 22 2010 - 08:49:35 CDT

Original text of this message