Re: Future of Oracle RDBMS?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 04:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 21, 7:49 pm, Helma <helma.vi..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

snip

> To sum up, it seems that the Oracle RDBMS is losing appeal. Do you
> feel the same?

Not in this area in the US ... I know a bunch of unemployed people with microsoft skills.

I think from a jobs and expected earnings for DBA standpoint Oracle will lead the pack by a wide margin over the next 20 years. As long as Larry and gang are able to buy out competitors ( even the open source one ) and kind of continually muddy the waters it looks like full speed ahead for Oracle. Received on Mon Mar 22 2010 - 06:27:12 CDT

Original text of this message