Re: semvmx

From: joel garry <>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:59:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 18, 8:19 am, Mladen Gogala <> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:44:15 -0700, joel garry wrote:
> >  I guess so sysadmins can wear
> > pointy hats with moons and stars.
> I used to be a sysadmin but I don't like pointy hats. If I wear anything
> on top of my head, it has "NY Yankees" logo on it. No pointy hats.
> --

I've been the default sysadmin at most of the places I've worked since I went unix/oracle. At one time (like SunOS 1.2, Duplix, hp-ux 9, slackware etc.), I actually made an effort to know something about it. Nowadays I've dropped into sysadmin 2.0 mode. I do have a couple of propeller hats, one of my kids borrowed one recently to go to a costume party. One time I went to a Renaissance Faire in full wizard outfit, I must have some pix somewheres...

-- is bogus.
My .sig in the early '90s:
"See your System Administrator?" I *AM* the #%_at_!?& System