From: joel garry <>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:02:47 -0700 (PDT)

hp-ux 11.23 Itanium, Oracle

I ran Oracle's rda tool ( -T hcve what they call a database health check, they robotically ask for it with support calls), and it tells me semvmx is too small. I have it set to 32767 as the install guide and Oracle doc 169706.1 says, but the tool thinks it should be 32768.

I'm a bit skeptical of the tool, since it also tells me I need some hpux  patches that the Oracle doc says are 10.1 specific, but anyways, I'm trying to figure out whether the 32768 is really different from 32767 for when I give Oracle support grief for sending me on a wild goose chase with a bad tool. I see values like that and I think, hmmmm, sounds like an exponent of 2 boundary, so maybe it is important. So the question is:

Is that an important difference, enough to bring down production for a kernel rebuild? Is this the sort of thing that might double semaphore or other dependent memory structure sizes in actual use as Oracle decides a granular boundary is passed? Or is it just something trivial?

-- is bogus.