Re: ORA-00470: LGWR process terminated with error

From: Alberto Frosi <alberto.frosi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 06:55:38 -0800 (PST)

On 10 Mar, 15:02, Johne_uk <edg..._at_tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On 10 Mar, 13:48, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 04:07:48 -0800, Johne_uk wrote:
> > > Essentially something is killing the LGWR process and the instance is
> > > shutting itself down. I think the way ahead is to try and find out what
> > > is killing this process but I'm not sure how to go about this and
> > > worried that any logging may degrade server performance.
>
> > > Can anybody offer any suggestions ?
>
> > Let me see whether I understood you correctly: Oracle support is trying
> > to fix your issue for weeks, they presumably have all the trace files,
> > core files and RDA output but are unable to determine the exact cause of
> > the problem despite having all this information and you are asking us to
> > guess what the problem is without even knowing the version of the RDBMS
> > and Solaris? No problem, I can do that. The answer to your problem is the
> > number 42.
>
> Actually I was looking for some assistance on determining what is
> killing the LGWR process. Oracle do not provide OS support ! I thought
> the question was clear enough but obviously not. Thanks for the
> comment though as its must have wasted five minutes.

It's very strange behaviour from Oracle support, after send a trace, log file and more and more, they don't tell anything...for me are very busy with Sun's fusion or with your trimarano BMW Oracle in New Zeland.
Version solaris? Received on Wed Mar 10 2010 - 08:55:38 CST

Original text of this message