Re: The penny hasn't dropped yet...

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:15:56 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 7, 6:19 am, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 7:35 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Got this from MOS, after submitting a SR:
>
> > Dear My Oracle Support Customer
> > Service Request #3-1506509011 does not have Configuration Id, it is
> > recommended that you provide one to receive a faster solution.
> > Thank you,
> > The My Oracle Support Team
>
> > Amazing!  Now, not only do we have to pay through our noses for ANY
> > support, if we don't install a viral tool that sends unknown
> > information to Oracle, we get low-speed solutions as well?
>
> > When are these geniuses gonna fathom that only an ignorant,
> > irresponsible moron would accept to install a "configuration tool"
> > that sends undisclosed information to Oracle, including such pearls as
> > the internal MAC address of network cards?
>
> > Apparently, it hasn't dropped yet with these geniuses that NO ONE in
> > their right state of mind will accept to install such a tool.
>
> > And for the silly groupies who might feel inclined to reply they have
> > been using it for ages without problems: I don't give a toss what you
> > might do, you are not me and you don't run under the same conditions I
> > have to run my security. Capice?
>
> I used the OCM tool not long ago, and it uploaded the wrong
> information to Oracle.  It took four (wasted) days of working on an SR
> to determine that.

Without getting too close to non-disclosure thingies, what kind of wrong?

> I have also found the best analysts never ask for an RDA.  They always
> ask for what is relevant to your problem (alert log, crsd logs, etc.),
> and then work their way to more stuff if there is a need.

This is a good point. I wish I could get enough data points to know for sure. I know there have been times when I wonder why they are asking for specific things, it's hard to tell if someone good is helping them and it's something I don't know about, or if cluelessness propagates.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/05/hp-trims-1q-net-income-because-of-lawsuit-ruling/