Re: Automatic Segment Space Management

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:40:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 04:19:16 -0800, vsevolod afanassiev wrote:

> On PCTFREE parameter: I think it is better to avoid chained rows and not
> only for performance reasons:

Speaking of the chained rows, how many people here have actually used the ANALYZE utility to list chained rows and base the analysis on facts? At one time, there was a query, using th VSIZE function to get you a rough estimate for the number of chained rows. That was replaced by ANALYZE table list chained rows into <chained rows table, created by utlchain>, the utility to produce the list of chained rows. I use it only when the developers complain that "reads from the table are slow".

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com