Re: Spying on queries from application?

From: jodleren <>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 03:37:51 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 5, 2:51 am, John Hurley <> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 1:31 pm, jodleren <> wrote:
> snip
> > I use Borland Database Explorer, and using
> > alter system set timed_statistics=true
> > then
> > EVENT='10046 trace name context forever, level 12'
> > SCOPE=spfile;
> Yeah that's kind of the starting point.  The idea is one approach is
> to have a trigger look at all the new sessions  ( new connections )
> and set the tracing for just the database session ( the odbc work )
> that you want to get traced.
> Do you have permission from IT management for what you are trying to
> do?
> If the DBA is dead are there other people in your organization that
> might be useful in helping you get the information that you need?
> At your experience level you really want to figure out how to get this
> type of stuff done on a test system first ... please.

I am on a test system, and I am the only user - besides test-intranet. And I can see 2 users, me and the storage programme. I have got all possible permitions possible and can access it all. I also see that it is not borland, but that does not stop me from reading it. I understand it.

But let me return to my problem: I can get tracing from my database explorer, but not from my storage programme... why? Received on Fri Mar 05 2010 - 05:37:51 CST

Original text of this message