Re: The penny hasn't dropped yet...

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:41:47 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 4, 11:41 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> Not hardly.  There are presumptions there of equal footing that just
> don't apply.  It seems apparent Oracle is well aware they can simply
> wear down anyone who starts chest-thumping about lawsuits.  They
> _should_ treat us as though we make the rules, but google "fire your
> customers" which is making the rounds again thanks to Seth Godin.

Interesting concept. And one of the many reasons why we ghave a GFC that everyone knows how to correct and yet no one has been able to fix. Somewhere in all that there is an element of reality missing...

> More realistically, there are just so many customers that a few
> squeaks are a cost of doing business.  Dropped penny?  More likehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVYYe87b9w

Yeah, I know. But no matter how many companies Oracle buys to offset the lack of growth in DB business, there will be soon a day where reality will catch up.

> > You bet.  And I can also make my next support payment dependent on
> > Oracle changing their attitude.
>
> As Rocky would say to Bullwinkle "that trick never works."  Bullwinkle
> usually pulls out something likehttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F3F2-KgbhTc/SWAl_9WnUxI/AAAAAAAAAvM/ESUslxK...

LOL!

> But I suppose it's a nice dream.

One that'll cost them a coupla hundred grand a year. And that's just one customer...