Re: The penny hasn't dropped yet...

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 16:41:36 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 3, 1:50 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 5:23 am, John Hurley <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

(Note for lurkers, I agree with pretty much everything Noons said besides the following)

> Guess what: we are the paying client of a service, we make the rules.
> Basic law of business, as well as common law.
> Oracle better not forget that...

Not hardly. There are presumptions there of equal footing that just don't apply. It seems apparent Oracle is well aware they can simply wear down anyone who starts chest-thumping about lawsuits. They _should_ treat us as though we make the rules, but google "fire your customers" which is making the rounds again thanks to Seth Godin. More realistically, there are just so many customers that a few squeaks are a cost of doing business. Dropped penny? More like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVYYe87b9w

> > You can try going up the support foodchain without supplying it.
>
> You bet.  And I can also make my next support payment dependent on
> Oracle changing their attitude.

As Rocky would say to Bullwinkle "that trick never works." Bullwinkle usually pulls out something like
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F3F2-KgbhTc/SWAl_9WnUxI/AAAAAAAAAvM/ESUslxKrabE/s400/bullwinkle_magic-hat.jpg

But I suppose it's a nice dream.

jg

--