Re: The penny hasn't dropped yet...

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:50:52 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 4, 5:23 am, John Hurley <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> You do not need to run the Oracle Config Manager "live" you can run it
> disconnected so that it gathers the config information required to get
> an SR moving and then you can feed in the output.

John, please! I am *fully* aware of how OCM can be run: I installed and examined it AGES ago. It is a viral tool. It has no place ANYWHERE in a modern data centre. Period.

> Since you can gather the information disconnected you are free to look
> at all this information before you ship it into Oracle.

I am not even remotely interested in wasting my time filtering what is sent to Oracle: my employer doesn't pay me to do Oracle's work. Is that clear?

> As long as Oracle support makes up the rules about "necessary"
> information ... well there's not much we can do if we need them to
> work on an SR.

Guess what: we are the paying client of a service, we make the rules. Basic law of business, as well as common law. Oracle better not forget that...

> You can try going up the support foodchain without supplying it.

You bet. And I can also make my next support payment dependent on Oracle changing their attitude. Received on Wed Mar 03 2010 - 15:50:52 CST

Original text of this message