RMAN question

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 07:12:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

We're running Oracle 10g R2. I'm restoring a copy of the database onto a different server. Our retention period is 21 days, with an Incremental Level 0 each Sunday.

For this restore, I really only need to start with the last Incremental Level 0, as that is a backup of the entire database. But when we performed the restore, it seemed to start with the beginning of retention period, hence 21 days ago. This is not needed, we really need just from the last Incremental Level 0.

How can I tell RMAN which Level 0 to access. We are using a control file rather than a catalog. One thing I though of is to mark the other backups as Unavailable?

Searching Oracle docs, but have not found the answer yet.

Many thanks Received on Wed Mar 03 2010 - 09:12:27 CST

Original text of this message