Re: The penny hasn't dropped yet...

From: vsevolod afanassiev <vsevolod.afanassiev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 01:15:11 -0800 (PST)

I think it depends on the specifics of the case. If to investigate this case Oracle Support needs init.ora parametes or server patch level or similar then this information should be provided in one form or another.
For example if I ask Oracle Support to investigate ORA-04031 errors then I would provide them with
- init.ora parameters
  • contents of V$SGASTAT, STATS$SGASTAT
  • if this is 10g and ASMM is enabled then information from the views that show how memory was resized
  • ORA-04031 trace files
  • alert.log So may be they are asking for information that should have been provided from the beginning

However if they are using lack of OCM to justify a delay in the investigation when all necessary information has been provided then it is bad. Received on Wed Mar 03 2010 - 03:15:11 CST

Original text of this message