Re: Oracle does it again

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:25:58 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 7:29 pm, John Hurley <> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 6:34 pm, Mladen Gogala <> wrote:
> snip
> > On the other hand, we are considering moving our central oracle DB to
> > version 11g. There are several features that appeal to us. This project
> > was to establish how hard would it be to upgrade from Oracle to
> > Oracle So far, the result is a sheer disaster and I advised my
> > CIO to wait for the next version.
> All my systems ( except one ... running on solaris ) are
> running now on ( linux ) and stable.
> No RAC anywhere.

Is scan associated with Grid Control or another feature? If it is Grid Control you might want to check the following as it seems to indicate that 5 IP addresses are required. I would hate for you to have to ask for one IP and then have to right back and ask for another.

I have a friend who I am pretty sure runs 11g RAC on Linux and the last I talked to him his site is not experiencing any RAC related problems. From what I have heard 11g RAC is no worse, problem wise, than 10g RAC or 9.2 RAC.

Good Luck.
Mark D Powell Received on Sat Feb 27 2010 - 19:25:58 CST

Original text of this message