Re: Oracle does it again

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:25:58 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 7:29 pm, John Hurley <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 6:34 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > On the other hand, we are considering moving our central oracle DB to
> > version 11g. There are several features that appeal to us. This project
> > was to establish how hard would it be to upgrade from Oracle 10.2.0.4 to
> > Oracle 11.2.0.1. So far, the result is a sheer disaster and I advised my
> > CIO to wait for the next version.
>
> All my systems ( except one ... running 10.2.0.4 on solaris ) are
> running now on 11.1.0.7.1 ( linux ) and stable.
>
> No RAC anywhere.

Is scan associated with Grid Control or another feature? If it is Grid Control you might want to check the following as it seems to indicate that 5 IP addresses are required. I would hate for you to have to ask for one IP and then have to right back and ask for another.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e10813/chklist.htm#sthref96

I have a friend who I am pretty sure runs 11g RAC on Linux and the last I talked to him his site is not experiencing any RAC related problems. From what I have heard 11g RAC is no worse, problem wise, than 10g RAC or 9.2 RAC.

Good Luck.
Mark D Powell Received on Sat Feb 27 2010 - 19:25:58 CST

Original text of this message